REM Virginia is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join REM Virginia and The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities; children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; children and adults with brain injury). As a State Director with REM Virginia you’ll be one of those special people.
For REM Virginia and The MENTOR Network the State Director is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
REM Virginia is seeking a State Director to maximize the profitability of operations and ensure services provided are of highest quality. This role is responsible for managing strong relationships with payors, manages licensing and contractual agreements and ensures state meets compliance and regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate for the State Director role will have experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees the operations of a single state and manages combined revenues of $10 million or more.
- Responsible for financial performance of a state or assigned business unit; implements strategies to maximize revenue, attain operational efficiency and drive profitability; works in conjunction with financial personnel to maintain accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger; prepares individual state business and financial plans; provides monthly financial reporting; and approves contracts and expenses up to appropriate level of authority.
- Provides leadership and develops strategy for maximizing growth within state; implements business plans and marketing strategies to grow census and improve occupancy and utilization in core services; implements strategies to anticipate new business opportunities; develops new starts; and identifies potential acquisition candidates.
- Implements public strategy plan for state or assigned business units; maintains and enhances state level relations with legislative and administrative officials, advocates, and trade associations; joins and takes a leadership role with state trade associations; and assists lobbyists or outside contractors.
- Develops state or business unit strategy to maintain and foster relations with consumers, families, and guardians; oversees implementation of consumer satisfaction surveys; develops enhancement plans.
- Oversees development and implements state quality enhancement strategy and drives quality initiatives, coordinating Network standards, licensing requirements, and consideration for individual consumers needs.
- Provides leadership and oversees state implementation of incident management protocol; ensures timely incident reporting; reviews trends, develops and implements proactive and corrective response; and oversees investigation process.
- Oversees state strategy and implementation of health and safety programs including consumer and employee protection, and directs medical and nursing services and supports.
- Implements state strategy to maintain compliance with Network and regulatory standards for clean, neat, safe living and working environments; and assures pleasant, age-appropriate, well-decorated home-like residential living environments.
- Provides leadership including supervision of Regional Directors and regional support team; develops strategy for implementation of Network employee practices; oversees safety and workers’ compensation implementation strategy; recruits and retains top talent; develops state and regional leadership teams; establishes employee orientation and training programs; and implements employment practices including hiring, termination and discipline.
- Implements state licensing and compliance strategy; directs system for timely and accurate documentation; oversees implementation of Network compliance plan; reviews licensing orders; and implements proactive strategies to meet or exceed compliance.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required
- Bachelor's degree and ten to twelve years of related experience with significant management experience in the human services industry
- Master's degree in Business or Human Services preferred
- Experience working with the intellectual and developmentally disabled population preferred
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.