From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Manager, Quality ImprovementApply Now Job ID 18000C3G
Manager, Quality Improvement
Primary Location: OH-OHAkron-470 Portage Lakes Dr
Provide leadership and support for all matters related to Quality for an assigned state or region often covering multiple service lines and/or a large population of people receiving services and independent contractors.
Responsible for state-wide quality systems through the implementation of the Network, Operating Group, and state-specific quality improvement plans. Facilitate effective decision making and collaboration with state operations with regard to quality improvement and implementation of quality improvement measures. Promote and manage alignment with the Network, operating group, and state-specific quality improvement plans, risk management programs, and continuous quality improvement plans to meet and exceed service excellence. Support state operations initiatives in compliance with all applicable internal and external standards. Direct and manage assigned staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- Quality Improvement:
- Represent the state on the QI Network leadership team and participate in state staff meetings.
- In partnership with the state leadership team and QI Director, develop state-specific continuous quality improvement plans.
- System Analysis, Design and Improvement:
- Provide quality assurance / improvement focused technical assistance and subject matter expertise with regard to process improvement initiatives.
- Collaboration with Internal and External Partners:
- Implement and maintain systems and processes for effective communication with state leadership team and QI staff to elicit feedback and disseminate information.
- Education and Training:
- Partner with Operations to identify training needs and to develop resources to meet those needs.
- Performance Indicators and Outcomes
- Data Systems and Analysis:
- Verify current and accurate information in Network databases for the state.
- Analyze data and proactively identify opportunities for improvement.
- Partner with state leadership and the state QI team to develop and implement strategies toward improvement.
- Risk Management
- Incident Management:
- Oversee the implementation of the incident reporting system according to The Network's Incident Management Protocol.
- Organize and manage monthly trended incident reporting system data to operations for their review and action.
- Consult with operations to follow through on critical events and identify methods to improve safety and minimize risk to clients and employees.
- Conduct complex and higher-level internal investigations.
- Conduct and/or review internal investigations for incidents involving alleged abuse and/or neglect.
- Implement the Network Incident Management Protocol and Mortality Review Protocol in addition to Operating Group requirements.
- Diligence Integration:
- Actively participate in Merger and Acquisition diligence assessments and evaluation of prospective acquisitions.
- Compliance with Internal and External Standards:
- Develop and oversee quality and compliance monitoring systems to measure the state’s compliance with Network standards, contractual obligations, state and federal regulations and accreditation standards.
- Support operations to develop corrective action plans in response to adverse actions that require the Network Notification Protocol and verify implementation of those plans.
- Network Performance Audits:
- Complete Network Audits
- Work with State leadership team to develop policies in compliance with local regulatory standards and consistent with Network policies and protocols.
- Education and Training:
- Provide technical assistance and direction in the development of corrective action plans for adverse actions per Network Notification Protocol and for other issues of noncompliance.
- Customer Engagement
- Customer Engagement:
- Collaborate with Operations leadership to determine and implement local customer engagement activities.
- Collaborate with state leadership and QI Director to design the strategy for completing the survey process in the state.
- Partner with state leadership and operations to develop improvement plans in response to customer engagement survey results.
- Direct and manage performance of QI Specialist in tandem with Operations supervisors. Complete orientation and training for assigned QI Specialists.
- Make recommendations on applicable employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations and similar actions.
Direct and manage assigned staff including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Make decisions and recommendations on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolve employee problems within position responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree in Human Services preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a social services field (mental health, child welfare, brain injury, intellectual / developmental disabilities, etc.) is required.
- Some supervision experience strongly preferred.
- A passion for quality with demonstrated follow through and ability to set guidelines and expectations
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to handle confidential information
- Demonstrated advocacy skills with empathy and solution-orientation.
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k), PTO and Holiday Pay
- Annual performance-based bonus plan and eligibility in equity grant program
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network (this role is vacant due to an internal promotion)
As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Apply Today!