From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Program Director IDD ServicesApply Now Job ID 19000NUN
Program Director IDD Services
Primary Location: OH-OHAkron-3155 Pickle Rd
REM Ohio, Program Director
Take your human services career to the next level of leadership as a Program Director. Under the direction of an Area Director or Regional Director, you will lead the day-to-day operations for one to four programs providing services to 10 -25 individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities within community settings.
Oversee the operations of each site, including program management; staff supervision and development; financial management; property management; and manage relationship within the community. Ensure safety and quality of services, and collaborate with HR and your Program Supervisors to hire, train, schedule, and manage staff, effectively, resulting in a positive work environment for staff.
- Oversee program implementation of health and safety programs for individuals receiving services and employees.
- Maintain program compliance with Network and regulatory standards for clean, neat, safe living and working environments; ensure pleasant, age-appropriate, well-decorated home-like residential living environments; notify maintenance personnel of items requiring attention.
- Direct and supervise Program Supervisors, Direct Support Professionals including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training.
- Make decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Partner with HR on employee relations and performance issues.
- Maintain licensing and compliance for program services and supports; ensure timely and accurate program documentation; implement Network compliance plan.
- Implement program core growth strategy to maintain or increase census, maximize utilization and occupancy percentages and assist with new start development as appropriate.
- Maintain and foster relations with case managers and referral agents; lobby on behalf of individuals receiving services.
- Responsible for the financial performance of individual programs; complete purchasing of program supplies; and review and submit billing compliance documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Human Services preferred (i.e. Psychology, Social Work, Education)
- Minimum of five to seven years’ experience in Human Services with a minimum of two years’ supervisory experience
- Licensure as required by the state
- Demonstrated ability in areas of supervision, and recruiting and retaining staff.
- Ability to effectively manage a range of relationships, most importantly with those we serve and their families. An ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission with an understanding of program development and behavior management principles. Some budget experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets insurability requirements.
Come join our amazing team of dedicated professionals. In addition to extensive professional development opportunities, we offer a full range of benefits:
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- A rewarding, family-oriented work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network
REM Ohio is a partner of
The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers
offering quality, community-based services. With 32,000 employees serving
30,000 adults, children, and seniors in 36 states, you'll have career
opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll
make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing
services to individuals across the country.