Therapist (Per Diem)Apply Now Job ID 190008WC
Therapist (Per Diem)
Primary Location: United States-OH-OHAkron
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
For Ohio MENTOR our Foster Care based Mental Health Therapist is a critical role in providing treatment services and, more importantly, to the success of the children in our Therapeutic Foster Care programs we serve.
As a Therapist you will conduct in-home and/or community-based counseling sessions and services with children and teenagers in our Therapeutic Foster Care programs dealing with a range of mental health issues such as social skills, appropriate boundaries, anger management, and substance abuse.
We are seeking applicants who are passionate, self-motivated, and committed about sharing their clinical skills and knowledge with a dynamic team. We deliver an array of Behavioral Health Services by modeling activities that help to maintain a safe and healthy environment for families. Help guide individuals to their fullest potential while in the comfort of their homes.
- Provide individual therapy
- Provide CPST services
- Provide professional-level services based on an effective assessment of client needs
- Participate in individual and team supervision as scheduled
- Build and maintain positive relationships with personnel from referring/collateral agencies
- Masters or Bachelor level degree in related social work disciplines:
- Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or MFT-Marriage & Family Therapy
- LSW, LISW or LPC, LPCC in the State of Ohio
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to establish trust and rapport quickly
- A Good Listener with an ability to empathize while still providing guidance
- Since Therapists often provide transportation to individuals, owning a registered and insured vehicle is required
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Reliable transportation and auto insurance that complies with the minimum state requirements (if providing transportation for individuals receiving services)
- Career growth opportunities
- Largest national network of human service providers
- Competitive pay rates
- Mileage reimbursement
- Part time hours- flexibility with your schedule!
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 consumers in 36 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
We have a great work environment and you'll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today