Direct Support Professional
As a caregiver, you’ll build relationships and enhance lives by providing care and support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, physical or behavioral challenges, or traumatic brain injuries. The work you do is meaningful - you can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Full Time, Part Time, and PRN
- Days, Weekends, Nights, Overnights
- Meaningful Work
Can you be a successful caregiver for The MENTOR Network? If you share these traits, you can help the people you serve experience the true freedom that comes from learning to live independently.
I wanted to make a difference in the world and saw the opportunity as a DSP as a way to make the world a better place. Helping someone else achieve their goals made me feel awesome.~ Jon Fisher, President, Community Support Services (CSS), started his career as a Direct Support Professional.
A Closer Look
Paid Time Off
401k and HSA/FSA
Direct Support Professional
Primary Location: United States-MN-MNAlbert Lea
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
LOOKING TO JUMP START YOUR CAREER WITH A FLEXIBLE JOB OPPORTUNITY THAT WILL ACCOMMODATE YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE?
Join our team as a Caregiver/Direct Support Professional today! We have full and part-time positions available.
REM Woodvale is a great place to gain experience
in: Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, Pre-Med, Alcohol and
Drug Counseling, Education, Child Development, Sociology, Criminal Justice,
Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Mental Health.
This position provides services to people with a broad array of ages and disabilities, whether that be behavioral, physical, or mental health through assistance with activities of daily living, similar to Direct Care Providers and Certified Nursing Assistants, such as:
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Reliable, responsible attitude
- Compassionate, relationship building approach
- Dedicated, self-starter, with ability to work independently
- High school diploma/GED NOT required
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
Why Join Us
Hear from some of our team why they’re part of The MENTOR Network. What will be your why?Watch Video
See some recent winners of our Ripple of Hope Awards
that recognize our most outstanding employees.
See what it truly takes to be part of
The MENTOR Network.