From nurses to direct care staff to program directors, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with caring support in specialized residential settings. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—our employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
CaregiverApply Now Job ID 17000KHL
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAAnaheim
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Cole Vocational Services
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support and serve people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages. As a Caregiver/Direct Support Professional (DSP) with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of these extraordinary people.
Description Our Care Providers are the link to the community for those we serve. Whether you’re helping someone ride the bus for the first time, prepare for a job interview, attend college classes, do their own laundry, or assist with personal care, at the end of your work day, you know you have made a difference in someone’s life.
Based in community settings, DSPs provide assistance with daily activities ranging from meal preparation, personal hygiene, and medication administration, to accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities. In addition, DSPs support therapeutic and behavioral plans, working closely with our clinical staff, to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type of impact you want to make… we want to hear from you!
Bring the right attitude, we’ll train you for success!
Qualifications: What we require of you:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Successful clearance of background checks
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Full compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off & Holiday pay
- Full and Part time schedules available
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the people we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Employee discounts
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Free training, career development, and advancement opportunities
- Mileage reimbursement
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!