From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network — a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Speech Language Pathologist~travelingApply Now Job ID 19000R9Y
Speech Language Pathologist~traveling
Primary Location: United States-MI-MIAnn Arbor
Speech-Language Pathologist – Part-time
NeuroRestorative - Ann Arbor, MI
NeuroRestorative is seeking dynamic part-time Speech-Language Pathologist to serve individuals in our home and community based division in Ann Arbor and the greater Detroit metropolitan areas!
We serve a clinically intriguing and diverse patient population including those with acquired brain injury, spinal cord injury and orthopedic trauma.
- Assess speech and language skills, development, articulation ability and voice and fluency disorders of patients assigned.
- Review medical history, perform evaluation, and determine patient therapy needs.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate individualized patient therapy plans. Coordinate therapy modifications to the respective patient's plan of care with the Director of Clinical Services and consulting physician.
- Identify and develop intervention strategies. Routinely review pertinent medical data to determine the effectiveness of therapy services in reaching maximum rehabilitation potential.
- Instruct patients, family members, and primary caregivers as needed to i\ensure the maintenance of, or acquisition of, optimal functioning level for each individual served.
- Ensure effective coordination of home care services through timely completion of required documentation and transfer of pertinent medical data to the physician, Director of Clinical Services, and other caregivers.
- Review and document comprehensive evaluation reports to summarize tests utilized, results of test(s), and diagnosis of speech/hearing disorders.
- Report and record assessments, evaluations, therapy interventions and patient changes according to physician orders and the Mentor Network’s policies.
- Investigate and take appropriate actions on any patient, family, or employee concerns and/or complaints.
- Maintain appropriate HIPPA compliance and a safe patient environment.
- Masters Degree in Speech Therapy or Speech/Language Pathology required.
- Minimum of one year experience as a Speech Therapist, preferably within a specialty rehabilitation setting
- Current state licensure/certification as a Speech Therapist.
- Travel as needed
- A rewarding work environment with fantastic co-workers
- Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week, including Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Each of our programs is designed around the needs of the people we serve, and delivered in the communities they call home. We provide the right balance of service and support – combining personal choice, flexibility and community integration with professional oversight, family involvement and stability. With a transdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, we draw upon a broad spectrum of innovative rehabilitation programs and support services in order to develop personalized treatment plans for each individual served.
NeuroRestorative is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.