HandymanApply Now Job ID 17000EO8
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAAntioch
Make a difference every day! Full-time position with benefits. Apply today!
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Handyman/Maintenance Worker with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. In this role, you will maintain all maintenance services for a site or multiple sites. You will ensure that all grounds and equipment are in good working order to ensure a safe, attractive and enjoyable living and working environment for the individuals we serve. This position is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
Do you have experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities or just looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Oversees ongoing preventative maintenance of 16 programs/offices across a region.
- Plans and schedules work assignments to accomplish workload with available resources and equipment. Coordinates with outside contractors to ensure quality of work delivered. Analyzes and resolves complaints pertaining to services, and equipment in area of responsibility (San Jose to Santa Rosa).
- Communicates departmental procedures for maintenance and operation of buildings. Maintains the building and grounds in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws.
- Repairs and maintains kitchen, housekeeping, and other mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning units, electrical and plumbing fixtures, painting and laundry equipment.
- Drafts plans for building needs. Reads blueprints and implements work accordingly. Wires buildings for computer networking. Inspects and repairs all damages to building surfaces.
- Plans and directs inventory control program for equipment, parts and supplies. Oversees the establishment of accounts with material vendors. Orders and maintains necessary maintenance supplies.
- Maintains appliance motors, room exhaust fans, pumps and miscellaneous equipment on a monthly basis or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Works with building inspectors, fire marshal, and vendors. Maintains fire alarm system, including smoke and heat detectors, and fire pull. Assists in disaster plans as appropriate.
- Maintains operational records, data and monitors and enforces observance of safety regulations.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
If you have experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Cole Vocational Services is a partner of California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
Qualifications: What we require of you:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One year related experience
• Working knowledge and ability to handle all maintenance and equipment
• Valid CA Driver's License
• Safe reliable pick-up truck, with proof of insurance and registration, and willingness to travel
• Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check