From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Program DirectorApply Now Job ID 17000MR4
Primary Location: United States-MN-MNApple Valley
REM Minnesota Community Services
Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support Individuals with brain injury, Intellectual Developmental Disabilities (including autism spectrum disorder), spinal cord injury, other physical and neurological conditions & mental health issues and children with disabilities, you’ll be one of those special people.
For REM River Bluffs and The MENTOR Network the Program Director is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the Program Director's role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
REM River Bluffs is seeking a Program Director to manage the day to day operations of one to four programs in a community or small geographic area. Program Directors ensure quality of services delivered and compliance with regulatory requirements. The Program Director also manages, hires, trains and schedules staff.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Designated Coordinator recognition required for non-ICF programs. The successful candidate must have one of the three qualifying backgrounds. (must meet a) OR b) OR c)
a) Associate degree in a field related to human services and two years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older; OR
b) A diploma in a field related to human services from an accredited postsecondary institution and three years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older; OR
c) A minimum of fifty hours of education and training related to human services and disabilities; And four years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older under the supervision of a staff person who meets the qualifications identified in the above or QIDP.
- Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional (QIDP) recognition required for ICF programs: must have Four year degree in field related to human services and one year of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older
- Four year degree preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state regulations.
- Demonstrated ability in areas of leadership, personnel, employee training, and public relations.
- Skilled in written and oral communication, community relations and service development.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of behavior management principles, program development, and monitoring techniques.
- Eligible as determined by the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, the Department of Human Services, and the Company’s Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets insurability requirements as defined by the Company’s insurance carrier.
- Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off/Vacation/Sick Time
- Rewarding career that enriches lives
- Paid Training
Amazing opportunity to use your passion, skills and experience to make a positive difference in the mission-driven work we do every day. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals committed to making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals we serve.
REM Minnesota is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers supporting individuals and families in 35 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to children, adults and seniors with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses; to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges; and to elders in need of support.
Our organization is driven by the power or relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Apply Today!