Program DirectorApply Now Job ID 17000KW2
Primary Location: MD-MDArbutus-1540 Caton Center Dr
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
- Manages the day to day operations of one or more program with 10 to 25 individuals in a small geographic area with combined revenues of around $1 million.
- Manages, hires, trains, and schedules staff.
- Responsible for the financial performance of individual programs; completes purchasing of program supplies; and reviews and submits billing compliance documentation.
- Implements program core growth strategy to maintain or increase census, maximizes utilization and occupancy percentages and assists with new start development as appropriate.
- Maintains and fosters relations with case managers and referral agents; lobbies on behalf of individuals receiving services and Network as appropriate.
- Maintains and fosters relations with individuals receiving services, families and guardians; implements individual’s satisfaction enhancement plans as appropriate.
- Oversees program quality enhancement and develops individual program plans; coordinates Network standards, licensing requirements and individuals supported needs; reviews and submits incident reports.
- Implements program incident management protocols; ensures timely incident reporting and implementation of corrective action.
- Oversees program implementation of health and safety programs for individuals receiving services and employees.
- Provides leadership including direct supervision of staff; implements Network employee practices; implements program safety and workers’ compensation programs; recommends and assists with involuntary terminations and written warnings; provides employee orientation and training.
- Maintains licensing and compliance for program services and supports; assures timely and accurate program documentation; implements Network compliance plan; reviews correction orders; and implements compliance plans.
- Maintains and oversees fidelity and adherence to our evidence based practice - FCT
- Directs and supervises staff. This includes performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training.
- Makes decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions.
- Resolves employee problems within position responsibilities.
- Master's degree in Human Services field and Maryland clinical licensure REQUIRED.
- Two to three years of related experience in the Human Services Industry preferred.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!