As a caregiver, you’ll build relationships and enhance lives by providing care and support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, physical or behavioral challenges, or traumatic brain injuries. The work you do is meaningful - you can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Full Time, Part Time, and PRN
- Days, Weekends, Nights, Overnights
- Meaningful Work
Can you be a successful caregiver for The MENTOR Network? If you share these traits, you can help the people you serve experience the true freedom that comes from learning to live independently.
I wanted to make a difference in the world and saw the opportunity as a DSP as a way to make the world a better place. Helping someone else achieve their goals made me feel awesome.~ Jon Fisher, President, Community Support Services (CSS), started his career as a Direct Support Professional.
A Closer Look
Paid Time Off
401k and HSA/FSA
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAArvin
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
The health and safety of our employees and
of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us. Due to the
essential services we provide as Caregiver/Direct Support Professionals,
we continue to accept applications and fill open positions in our
residential programs. Providing round-the-clock care, we have full-time and part-time schedules open with all shifts available immediately.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at California MENTOR Cole Vocational Services, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
EasyApply on Indeed or Text MENTORJOBS to 97211, we have work for you!
What we offer you:
- Full compensation/benefits package for those working over 30 hours per week
- 401(k) with company matching
- A rewarding work environment with an incredible team of co-workers
- Paid training with access to jobs throughout our nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, and Annual bonus plans
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Variety of shifts and schedules available
- Access to a national network of local human service providers across 36 states
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Full-time, part-time
- Early mornings, evenings, overnights, and weekends
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Job Coach) with Cole Vocational Services, you’ll be one of these extraordinary people.
Caregiver, Direct Support Professional - Opportunities available Bakersfield
We have programs throughout the Bakersfield, providing services to adults with developmental disabilities and other specialized needs.
This position provides services to people with a broad array of disabilities, (behavioral, physical, mental health) through assistance with activities of daily living such as:
- Transporting to medical appointments, errands, shopping or activities
- Personal hygiene, bathing, toileting, grooming, preparing meals, and assisting with medication administration
- Assisting individuals to redirect agitated or aggressive behaviors
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
Come join our team of dedicated team of Caregivers/Direct Support Professionals who assist individuals in home and community-based settings to live as independently as possible.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing required
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Compassionate approach
- Reliable, responsible attitude
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!