From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Business Manager, FinanceApply Now Job ID 20000IVS
Business Manager, Finance
Primary Location: United States-GA-GAAtlanta
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools.
Description The MENTOR Network is currently seeking a Business Manager, Finance. Under the direct supervision of a Business Director, the Business Manager serves as a business partner for management of designated business units within operations, including providing financial analysis to support business decision making and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of P&L.
- Analyzes financial data and makes recommendations based on analyses to the business units.
- Provides a variety of complex financial data and maintains and updates company financial models and plans.
- Analyzes and prepares analysis of business unit and program financial performance, uses professional financial concepts to achieve company objectives, and addresses complex business issues, in imaginative and practical ways, and implements growth in accordance with company goals, philosophies and values.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of financial statements.
- Ensures adherence to financial policies and procedures.
- Prepares and updates budget and forecasts for business units.
- Oversees the preparation of internal and external financial reports, and the year-end audit schedule package, including cost reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls and code of conduct requirements.
- Assists in developing short and long-term plans that are consistent with MENTOR’s financial objectives, strategic initiatives and values.
- Assists in analysis of acquisitions and new business opportunities.
- Oversees AR for the business unit and coordinate with SSC where applicable
- Oversees GL for the business unit and coordinate with SSC where applicable
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field, CPA or MBA preferred
- 5-7 years experience in accounting/financial management.
- Strong financial background
- Strong leadership abilities
- Excellent computer skills, data entry speed and accuracy, and related office equipment
- Project management skills required
- Background in Human Services or Medicaid reimbursement, preferred