From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Direct Support Professional - Day ProgramApply Now Job ID 17000N0K
Direct Support Professional - Day Program
Primary Location: IN-INAurora-HR/IN Aurora, Dearborn
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
- Provide assistance with daily activities such as meal preparation and planning; medication administration; and personal care.
- Facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to activities.
- Partner with clinical staff to support therapeutic and behavioral plans in place.
- Assist clients on reaching goals to further their independence.
- Assist in activities of daily living; including bathing, feeding, walking, grooming, etc.
- Assist with client finances.
- Assist with enrichment activities; including crafts, music, dance, etc.
- Full and Part time schedules available
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay rates; paid training; Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off, Holiday Pay, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- Able to pass written interview (no GED or high school diploma required)
Must be able to lift minimum of 25 pounds
Successful clearance of background checks