From behavioral analysts to early intervention specialists to program directors, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides early intervention services to infants and toddlers with disabilities or developmental delays. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—our employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Early Intervention Specialist for Infant to Toddler ageApply Now Job ID 19000N3C
Early Intervention Specialist for Infant to Toddler age
Primary Location: United States-CA-CABakersfield
Function:Training Education Services
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As an Early Intervention Specialist with Creative Home Programs, a partner of California MENTOR, you’ll be one of these extraordinary people. We seek a candidate for our Early Intervention Specialist (EIS) position who can confidently work with our program's families who have infants or toddlers with developmental disabilities. The goal of the EIS is to plan, schedule and provide early educational in-home services for an assigned caseload of infant/toddlers with special needs, with the support of your Program Supervisor, Program Director and Regional Director. Some experience with ABA techniques or behavioral support techniques is very desirable for this position.
*Bilingual English-Spanish required for this position
Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest. Do you want to move up? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Conducts home visits to identify needed changes and emergent needs on an ongoing basis based on individual need
- Administer and document all program assessments and completes progress notes
- Design, implement and adapt activities for language, cognitive, fine and gross motor, sensory, self-help and social/emotional development for each individual
- Builds and maintains good rapport and supportive relationships with families
- Provide on call coverage for caseload
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education or similar discipline
- Two years of experience working with infants or young children and their parents preferred
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) experience preferred
- Flexible schedule including evenings and weekends required
- Valid CA Driver's License and access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass background and reference checks that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
- *Bilingual English-Spanish required for this position
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including: 401(k) with company matching, annual bonus plan, time off & holiday pay, employee discounts, and more
- A rewarding and dynamic work environment with a team built on meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities
- Access to jobs and promotions both locally and throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Creative Homes Program is a partner of California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
If you want to learn more about California Mentor please check out our website at www.ca-mentor.com.