Evening Caregiver Activities OnlyApply Now Job ID 17000OKK
Evening Caregiver Activities Only
Primary Location: United States-CA-CABakersfield
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
As an Evening Caregiver Activities Only (Direct Support Professional - DSP) with California MENTOR Family Home Agency, you’ll be one of these extraordinary people.
DSPs are the link to the community for those we serve. Based in community settings, as an Evening Caregiver, you would work in the evenings and weekends taking mentally and physically disabled adults into the community doing outings such as going to the movies or the mall and activities of the clients choice, could be puzzle, crafts, nature walk.
The shifts are in the evenings and weekends: Monday through Friday between 3pm and 8pm and on the weekends between 10am and 6pm. The shifts vary depending on the need of the client; they are between 3 and 5 hours. This a great position for extra income with the possibilities of more hours as clients need services but it's not for everyone.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Car registration and vehicle insurance with name listed as driver
- One Year of experience in human services direct care with a mentally or physically disabled adult
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
What we offer you:
- A rewarding work environment with the best co-workers you could ask for
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Annual bonus plans
- Part time schedules available
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the people we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Employee discounts
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Free training, career development, and advancement opportunities
- Mileage reimbursement
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR Family Home Agency (FHA)is a partner of California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals.