From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Job DeveloperApply Now Job ID 17000MR7
Primary Location: United States-CA-CABakersfield
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
As a Job Developer with California MENTOR Cole Vocational Services, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. In this role you will develop connections to employers and agencies and secures competitive community based jobs for youth and adults referred for vocational support service. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have a passion for working with people and looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
Essential Job Function
- Contacts community based employers, as an employment specialist to secure paid employment for referred individuals.
- Completes vocational assessments.
- Conducts job preparation classes.
- Conducts career exploration and vocational opportunities by reaching out to employers and matching employer needs with individuals goals.
- Assists individuals receiving services in searching and interviewing for employment.
- Completes required service documentation reviews, meets regularly with individuals and others to provide needed services and supports, and ensures appropriate communication with planning team.
- Attends individuals related meetings, professionally represents the Program while in the community, and ensures individual rights.
- Conduct presentations regarding employment opportunities.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or five years of experience in a human services delivery system including two years’ experience in job development.
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Strong follow through to ensure quality services and compliance with regulations
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must Pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
- Master's degree in Vocational Rehabilitation preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual performance-based bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the families you bring onboard
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services.With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!