From behavioral analysts to early intervention specialists to program directors, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides early intervention services to infants and toddlers with disabilities or developmental delays. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—our employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Program Supervisor for E.I. Case ManagementApply Now Job ID 19000JOM
Program Supervisor for E.I. Case Management
Primary Location: United States-CA-CABakersfield
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages to build the best quality of life they desire.
As Case Management Supervisor (AKA/formerly “Program Supervisor”) with California MENTOR/Creative Home Programs you’ll be one of these extraordinary people. This position is part of our Early Intervention (E.I.) program serving infant and toddler-age individuals with Autism and/or other developmental disabilities.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- 401(k) with company matching
- paid time off & holiday pay
- mileage reimbursement for business related travel with personal vehicle
- extensive employee discounts
- A dynamic, rewarding work environment where you build meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, fun employee events
- Career development and advancement opportunities including access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- On-the-job, paid training including paid CEU opportunities
As a Case Management Supervisor you will:
Manage the day-to-day operations with the support of your Program Director, Area Director, Quality Assurance and Human Resources team
- Lead and supervise clinical and direct-support staff, assign and review cases and service plans of individual's cases within the assigned management team
- Work directly with each host family on a weekly basis to provides direction, support and counsel regarding treatment plan
- Provide case management services including assessments, data collection and compilation, intakes, planning and administering treatment, connect individuals and families with resources and services, and more
- Participates in and advises leadership in staffing by interviewing, hiring, disciplinary actions, and other related administrative tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Service-related field
- Two to four years of experience in human services
- Minimum of one year experience as a Case Manager
- Valid CA Driver's License
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance and registration
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
- Emergency on-call availability after-hours and weekends
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and demonstrated documentation abilities
- Ability to establish rapport quickly with others of any diversity
- Willing and able to travel within program area to homes of individuals we serve
This is an amazing opportunity to use your passion, skills and experience to make a positive difference in the mission-driven work we do every day. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals committed to making a positive difference in the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.