From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network — a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Nursing Support AssistantApply Now Job ID 19000O5L
Nursing Support Assistant
Primary Location: United States-MD-MDBeltsville
Function:Office and Administrative Support
The MENTOR Network is a mission-based organization dedicated to providing high quality services to those we serve. Therefore, to deliver on our mission, The Network expects every employee to perform his or her job first and foremost in accordance with the Company’s mission.
- Assist with set-up and scheduling appointments for patients
- Update appointment calendar
- Update patient schedules
- Input nursing activities into patient schedules
- Keep client portable files up to date
- Receive and transcribe phone messages
- Notify family members of new orders, appointments etc.
- File forms in chart and assist with maintaining chart order
- Assist with taking and documenting vitals
- Schedule diagnostic testing for labs and imaging
- Request medical records from other facilities
- Handle all medical records requests
- Set up and breakdown medical charts at admit/discharge
- Reorder patient prescriptions and pick up medications when needed
- Assist nursing staff as needed with patient care needs
- Update daily report forms and medical meeting forms
- Keep nursing stations organized
- Maintain inventory and order nursing supplies, equipment
- Assist with therapeutic pass forms for weekend passes
- Assist with 1:1 charge sheet completion and 1:1 forms available
- Make copies of forms, fax information and communicate information to charge nurse and DON
- Assist Administration Team as needed when directed by Administrator/PD.
- Review and/or set up admission packets for completeness
- Answer the Nursing station phone
- Preparation for medical meeting - gather all paper work as needed for Medical Director to include vital signs, medication lists, all lab work and other paperwork to be signed.
- Assist nurses with medication pass as needed after completing medication training.
- Make and place patient name's on room door upon arrival
- Assist with call bells and with patient as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and over time as needed.
- Experience with or willingness to learn windows based computer systems.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Ability to verbally communicate immediately, clearly and intelligibly.
- Be able to transfer a person weighing up to 250 pounds with assistance.
- Adequate motor ability and visual and auditory acuity to perform all evaluation and treatment procedures.
- Ability to fold and lift a standard wheelchair weighting up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to drive motor vehicles in order to transport resident/clients to activities.
- Ability to manage aggressive or agitated resident/clients.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follows code of conduct aligned with the mission, vision and values Mentis.
- Follows code of conduct /ethics of their profession.
- Verbal and written communication, body language, cooperation, open mindedness, dependability, approachability
- Effectiveness of working with others, courtesy, tact, friendliness, enthusiasm, caring and helpful nature, comforting style
- Punctuality, attendance, scheduling of absences
- Adjustment to change, resetting of priorities, time management skills, resourcefulness, initiative
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance if driving on the behalf of the Company or providing transportation to individuals receiving services.
- Other trainings as required by state such as CPR, First Aid, Behavioral Intervention Techniques, etc.
- QMRP/QIDDP designation as required by state.
- For ABI Services:
- Licensure as required by state.
- State background checks as required.
- Travel as needed
- Cellular Phone as required by program