From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network — a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Special Education TeacherApply Now Job ID 20000EA7
Special Education Teacher
Primary Location: United States-AR-ARBenton
Special Education Teacher
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at NeuroRestorative, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
Bring your passion and expertise as a Special Education Teacher to our growing, mission-driven organization. Make a positive difference in the lives of others - come join our amazing team! Work within a setting that offers variety, rewarding challenges, and some of the best co-workers you’ll ever find.
- Provides quality educational services for adolescents
- Provides educational assistance to program participants at their academic placement.
- Coordinates carry-over strategies developed by the cognitive or trans-disciplinary team.
- Attends weekly clinical team meetings with the communication/cognition team.
- Completes all necessary documentation such as service summaries, reports, billing slips, etc.
- Supervises and assists in development and implementation of curriculum.
- Develops methods of evaluating student progress.
- Meets with parents and students to seek solutions to problems.
- Implements policy and procedure of the classroom environment.
- Attends all mandatory training
- Other duties as assigned
- Master Degree in Special Education, LD/BD,
Bachelor’s in Education
- Minimum, one year in classroom or tutorial settings. Experience with special populations preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) with staff and families, outside constituents, and program participants
- Good documentation skills and report writing skills
- Knowledge of therapeutic programming for neurologically impaired adults
- Knowledge of trans-disciplinary rehabilitation treatment approach
- Ability to actively participate in research