From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Therapeutic Staff SupportApply Now Job ID 18000T8X
Therapeutic Staff Support
Primary Location: PA-PABethlehem-3865 Adler Pl
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
$250 Sign on Bonus*
The MENTOR Network is expanding and hiring Therapeutic Support Staff to service our children and families in your area.
Our experienced team of professionals provides Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS) in the school, home, and community setting. We work one-on-one with the child to help them grow and learn to the best of their abilities. We also work closely with the family, involving them in the therapeutic process. Our goal is to help children of all abilities thrive.
This opportunity is highly flexible and can be a primary or secondary job that can work around your scheduling needs.
• Provide 1:1 support and intervention, including behavior modification techniques and proactive strategies to stabilize the child or adolescent as outlined in the service plan
• Support the family and school personnel in their efforts to stabilize the child by providing information, guidance, modeling and counseling
• Provide therapeutic supervision of clients during treatment and educational activities
• Work collaboratively with the Behavior Specialist Consultant, Program Director, and all team members to ensure the service plan is meeting the child’s needs and recommend other services as needed
• Assist in the management of aggressive clients as needed, using only de-escalation and behavior management techniques approved by Program Manager
• Document behavioral progress and collaborate with team members, supervisors, and other staff as required
• Other duties as outlined in the contract
Minimum Requirements (must meet one of the following):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Education, Criminal Justice or a related Human Services field; or Bachelor’s Degree in another field with one year minimum experience working directly with children or adolescents
• Associate’s Degree or 60 credits towards a Bachelor’s Degree with the equivalent of at least three years full-time paid work in a job working directly with children or adolescents
• Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) with one-year experience in a paid position working directly with children or adolescents
• Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with 3 years’ experiences a paid position working directly with children and adolescents
Pennsylvania MENTOR has been supporting children and families for more than 20 years. Founded on the philosophy that “there is no single solution, only a commitment to finding one,” we understand that every child has different needs based on their own unique situation.
What we offer:
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work schedules
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
*TSS must accept and maintain at least 20 hours of work per week to qualify for the sign on bonus.