From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network — a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Registered Behavior TechnicianApply Now Job ID 20000QB0
Registered Behavior Technician
Primary Location: United States-VA-VABlacksburg
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
Due to the ongoing public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, our employees, and our candidates.
Description NeuroRestorative is seeking a Registered Behavior Technician (“RBT”) is responsible for ensuring clients’ treatment programs consistently implemented.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Establishes and maintains therapeutic relationship by pairing self as a reinforcing entity and building rapport with the client.
- Follows the treatment plan goals and interventions utilizing sound judgment and seeks out appropriate consultation
- Collaborates with family and treatment team members to provide treatment effectively and without disruption to the environment or other individuals in the environment
- Educate parents/guardians on reinforcement and intervention information when requested
- Enforcing behavior analytic methods, identifies solutions to barriers and makes recommendations to the supervisor and behavior analyst when needed.
- Accurately collects behavior data including: A-B-C, count, frequency, duration, latency, inter-response time, event, and interval based recording as needed.
- Reassessment as appropriate
- Ensures all clinical and residential documentation, both staff and client related is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviews daily updates for clients such as new programs, access level changes, scheduled sessions, etc., implements programs and trains staff on implementation.
- Ensures proper implementation and retraining as needed by routinely communicate with staff.
- Schedules and prepares for leisure activities to keep participants engaged and active when therapy sessions are not taking place.
- Participates in training from clinical staff on the implementation of program updates to assure rehabilitative objectives are achieved.
- Completes all mandatory trainings and refreshers as required
- Provides feedback and training to LST staff when needed.
- Attend clinical meetings as assigned such as access review meetings, clinical team meetings, progress conferences, etc.
- Responsible for providing up to date residential status of participants as well as identifying problem areas affecting the participant and following through with solutions based upon clinical team recommendations.
- Engages in the meetings, provides input, shares observations, opinions, concerns, ideas, etc.
- Understands and ensures adherence to company policies and procedures; also ensures compliance with relevant external regulatory statutes and standards.
- Requires passing the RBT Competency Assessment annually, completes a renewal, receives ongoing supervision and complies with the BACB’s ethics requirements relevant to RBT’s.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- High School Diploma
- RBT Credential or desire to work toward obtaining the RBT Credential with guidance provided, and the ability to complete that training and board exam within 30 days from hiring date.
- Preferred two years of completed college coursework in psychology, education, social work, behavioral science, human development or related fields
- Preferred two years of experience working with Traumatic Brain Injury populations who engage in severe problem behaviors
- RBT Credential
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification as required
- Current driver’s license, car registration and auto insurance if providing transportation for individual receiving services.
- Travel as needed
- Medium Work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.