Team LeadPrimary Location:
VA-VABlacksburg-1510 /1512 Seneca DrFunction:
Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Looking for two Team Leads to fill the 7:00 am to 3:00 pm shift
NeuroRestorative is a leading provider of post-acute and subacute rehabilitation services for individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries and other neurological challenges. We offer a continuum of care and rehabilitation options in community-based settings to individuals of all ages. Our personalized programs include residential and day treatment as well as specialized services for children and adolescents, Military Service Members and Veterans. We provide expertise and resources of an organization on the cutting edge of clinical care and rehabilitative programs.Description
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support adults with brain injuries. As a Team Lead with NeuroRestorative VA you’ll be one of those special people.
For NeuroRestorative VA and The MENTOR Network the Team Lead is one of the most exemplary reflections of the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. The people that carry out this rewarding, care giving support play an integral and crucial role in the success of our organization.
NeuroRestorative VA is seeking a Team Lead - Life Skills Trainers to provide leadership and supervision to Life Skills Therapists in the residence and in the community and to provide direct services to program participants.
- Bachelor's degree in a human services field with some special population experience. CNA preferred or:
- One year of college and six months special population experience or:
- High School Diploma or GED and one year special population experience may subsitute for the first requirement
- CNA preferred
- Valid driver’s license from state of residence with three years driving experience and acceptable record
- CPR & First Aid Certified
- Complete CPI parts I & II and other training as required
- Ability to pass UCIA Background Check
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.