From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides survivors of brain injury with structured support and compassionate care. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers — NeuroRestorative's employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Therapeutic Recreation CoordinatorApply Now Job ID 17000G1P
Therapeutic Recreation Coordinator
Primary Location: VA-VABlacksburg-1510 /1512 Seneca Dr
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
- Supervises and directs staff, interns and fieldwork students in the facilitation of leisure/recreation activities.
- Writes evaluation, progress, discharge and service summary reports and monitors progress of program participants.
- Ensures that high quality programming is provided to all participants in the Supported Living Program. Schedules monthly activities.
- Facilitates team requests and develops programming pertaining to LEAP and Clubhouse programming.
- Initiates Therapeutic Recreation training for supported living staff. Serves as the program resource person.
- Works as a member of the treatment team.
- Acts as primary decision maker relative to program participant emergencies while participating in house productive activities.
- Adheres to Program participant Bill of Rights, Behavioral Intervention Policy, and other CCS Clinical Policies and Procedures. Assists with maintenance of CARF requirements.
- Monitors medication intakes during activities and ensures adherence to medication procedures.
- Participates in out-of-town and overnight activity trips as needed.
- Participates in the pre-admission tours, family visits, conversations about CCS programs with visitors, etc.
- Performs job coach duties as assigned.
- Facilitates the Newsletter group and other groups.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation and two years experience working within a therapeutic recreation or educational setting facilitating group activities for special populations
- Certification as Therapeutic Recreation Specialist preferred.
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state