From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network — a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Cognitive Skills Building Specialist-Blairstown (remote)Apply Now Job ID 20000E7Q
Cognitive Skills Building Specialist-Blairstown (remote)
Primary Location: United States-NJ-NJBlairstown
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at NeuroRestorative New Jersey, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
NeuroRestorative is seeking a Part-time Cognitive Skills Building Specialist for our Home and Community Program in the Andover, NJ area.
Bring your passion and expertise to our growing, mission-driven organization. Make a positive difference in the lives of others - come join our amazing team! Work within a setting that offers variety, rewarding challenges, and some of the best co-workers you’ll ever find.
- Functional skill building by sequencing tasks into single steps for increased independence.
- Teaching activities of daily living that include home management skills, organization, cooking skills, money management and accessing and utilizing transportation independently and other skills as specified in individualized treatment.
- Provides ongoing cognitive rehabilitative activities via functional and teaching skill exercises for effective memory, money management, volunteer opportunities, etc.
- Provides case management and support services to clients in their home & other community based settings.
- Provides ongoing monitoring and consultation to mentors regarding work with clients and implementation of service plan.
- Maintains current and complete client and reporting records in accordance with corporate and regulatory standards.
- Assists and accompanies with transportation to community based appointments, various social interactive activities, and medical appointments.
- Assists with all legal, licensing, regulatory and certification activities as needed.
- Assists with emergency coverage and crisis intervention support for all clients as needed.
- Participates in all activities designed to enhance and build an active social network of mentors.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Day, evening, and weekend availability
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Applicable degree programs include counseling, education, psychology, recreation therapy, social work, special education, and other allied health degrees.
- Must maintain current valid driver’s license, car insurance, and car registration.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 36 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.