From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Youth Corrections Program SupervisorApply Now Job ID 19000VET
Youth Corrections Program Supervisor
Primary Location: United States-MN-MNBloomington
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
REM Hennepin is seeking a Program Supervisor to support youth. This is a Full-time position at 40 hours per week!
Located in Bloomington near the Mall of America, our Cedar Heights home offers community-based residential services for young men, ages 16-21, who are involved in extended juvenile jurisdiction and in need of out-of-home placement. Our team at Cedar Heights is led by the Director of Reintegration Services, along with a dedicated Clinical Specialist who provides on-site skills groups and therapeutic supports. Rounding out the team is a talented Program Director who supervises specially trained residential staff members who provide the individuals we support a safe environment in which they can heal, learn, and grow. We work with each young man on a one-on-one basis to establish an individualized service plan, set goals for personal growth, and reduce further involvement in the criminal justice system.
With the Program Supervisor position you would help oversee the program in a working-supervisory role - gain valuable experience with modeling behavior and coaching your team’s caregivers, and learn what it takes to successfully supervise the program. If you are a natural leader looking for more responsibility or looking for a longer-term management track in Human Services, Criminal Justice or Corrections this is your next step.
- Supervise a team of Caregivers supporting individuals in the program
- Ensure supports are provided with quality, safety, dignity and respect to individuals served
- Duties are split between providing direct support, professional or program activities and supervision
- Ensure all safety and quality guidelines are maintained by staff
- Implement person-centered service plans, provide guidance to staff on those ISPs and documentation
- Ensure environment is kept clean and tidy, and schedule maintenance needs as necessary
- Work with Program Director to ensure health care needs are fully addressed and to meet regulatory and MENTOR compliance needs
- High School diploma or GED required; must be 21 years of age
- Minimum of 12 months experience in a Direct Care role supporting youth
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- A strong work ethic with a commitment to serving others
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to establish rapport with team members and those we serve
- Strong organizational abilities to ensure staffing and schedules are maintained
Our Program Supervisor role is a great opportunity to gain supervisory skills and experience while still directly making a difference in the lives of the people we serve on a daily basis.
We offer competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for employees working a minimum of 30 hours per week. In addition to paid training and holiday pay, our work environment is rewarding and dynamic where no day is ever the same, and you’ll have career opportunities across our nationwide Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers, with 32,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today! EOE/AAE