From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Program Services CoordinatorApply Now Job ID 17000HJC
Program Services Coordinator
Primary Location: GA-GABogart-185 Ben Burton Cir
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
- Assesses referred clients and coordinates the development of a service plan in conjunction with a treatment team and funding source in accordance with Corporate, contractual, and regulatory standards.
- Coordinates and evaluates the service plan implementation
- Ensures all necessary and routine medical and dental appointments are scheduled and completed
- Coordinates the development, review, and revision of programs and behavior intervention plans.
- Provides, monitors, and assures that comprehensive support services and oversight are provided on an on-going basis
- Schedules and/or provides opportunities with, or assists in providing resources for Mentors to schedule and/or provide opportunities, for quality training, recreation and leisure activities with consideration for choice, preference and age-appropriateness.
- Maintains current and complete client reporting records in accordance with Corporate and regulatory standards.
- Assists with all legal, licensing, regulatory and certification activities as needed.
- May include the Mentor reporting records in some instances
- Depending on individual programs, may coordinate appropriate training and development for staff, as well as maintaining staff schedules.
- May assist in Mentor training, planning and development.
- May maintain current records for all independent contractors on caseload including training, monthly and annual mentor contract compliance forms, respite and support plans, and tracking of respite support work.
- May secure individual Mentor contracts, complete annual contract reviews for Mentors, and provide timely information as to any changes in client status and status of Mentor homes to management.
- May be responsible for managing and responding to calls after normal business hours of assigned clients.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in human services or social services and two years of related work experience working with the population served
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Car registration and vehicle insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving service
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks