Category Manager, IT ProcurementApply Now Job ID 20000C6T
Category Manager, IT Procurement
Primary Location: MA-MABoston-313 Congress St
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
The MENTOR Network is currently seeking a Category Manager to join our team in our Boston office (Fort Point / Seaport / South Boston). As a Category Manager, you will be a strategic sourcing leader within a progressive procurement organization. This role supports the VP, Procurement and requires strong category knowledge and experience in procuring various services such as IT, General Services or Professional Services. You will establish and implement procurement sourcing strategies and support processes to meet company-wide objectives. Familiarity with IT procurement as it relates to: data centers, telecommunications, network, software, hardware, storage, Professional Services etc. is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- General knowledge of contract law and procurement policies with ability to effectively negotiate commercial and legal positions
- Lead teams and manage multiple projects; present factual information and recommendations with internal and external stakeholders
- Must have the ability to influence without authority and manage timelines to keep projects and participants on track
- Creative thinking and the ability to present outside of the box ideas and solutions; independently form conclusions and make recommendations based on facts and evidence
- Advocate for change and positively impact organizational behaviors in the way the company procures goods and services
- Responsible for the maintenance of an effective control environment under SOX 404 for the accounting operations she/he oversees. This includes both key and non-key controls and extends to the timely updating and modification of control design where necessary and the oversight of control remediation activities should exceptions be encountered in testing
- Perform other related duties and activities as required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in the services sourcing field
- Experience in procurement and strategic sourcing processes required in data centers, telecommunications, network, software, hardware, storage, Professional Services
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office Skills (Excel, Source to Pay Tools)
- Travel as needed
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) preferred
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Competitive Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- A great work environment — you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues
- Meaningful work supporting our mission. You’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country
- With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 people in 37 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast
Our organization is driven by the power of relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Apply Today!