Sr. HR Communications SpecialistApply Now Job ID 19000O89
Sr. HR Communications Specialist
Primary Location: MA-MABoston-313 Congress St
The MENTOR Network is currently seeking a Senior Human Resources Communications Specialist to join our HR team in our Boston office (Seaport, South Boston). As the Senior HR Communications Specialist, you will utilize a range of platforms to create internal HR communications which relate to employees, benefits, HR initiatives and our employee value proposition.
- Help develop and execute HR communication strategy, ensuring consistency, and reflecting the organization’s strategic vision.
- Partner with HR teams to develop communications that support HR programs, including health and welfare, total rewards, performance management, talent acquisition, onboarding and more.
- Create digital and print communications such as emails, newsletters, collateral, social media, website content, presentations, etc.
- Measure and present results of HR communication efforts.
- Analyze metrics and suggest ways to increase employee engagement in our organization-wide initiatives.
- Create and maintain an HR communications calendar.
- Work collaboratively with our Public Strategy Group (Marketing) to refine core messaging and ensure organizational consistency in all aspects of HR communications.
- Work with our Human Capital Systems Team and other HR SMEs to publish a variety of content on our employee portal platform.
- Respond to inquiries and reviews from external HR social media sources.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in internal communications, public relations or corporate communications required.
- Must be a self-started, self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to multi-task
- Excellent collaboration and team skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and InDesign strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of communications best practices and proficiency with content/graphic design creation.
- Excellent writing, grammar and editing skills required, including web writing best practices.
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage deadlines while maintaining quality and consistency.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of multiple media communication platforms that maximize effectiveness of employee communications.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Competitive Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- A great work environment - you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues.
- Meaningful work supporting our mission. You’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
- With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 people in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network has ~30,000 employees and is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Our organization is driven by the power or relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do.