Sr Litigation & Risk Management ParalegalApply Now Job ID 19000NVA
Sr Litigation & Risk Management Paralegal
Primary Location: MA-MABoston-313 Congress St
- Manages the document discovery and legal hold process, which involves identifying, locating and preserving documents (electronic and hard copy) relevant to litigation / subpoenas, and notifying, advising and communicating with legal hold custodians.
- Identifies and compiles data from network share drives and e-mail archives and verify accuracy of electronically stored data in response to pending litigations.
- Serves as Legal Department owner and key liaison to the IT Department on the discovery and legal hold process.
- Conducts email searches and reviews when necessary.
- Manages and tracks legal holds including
- Working with legal team to identify persons covered by the legal hold
- Initiating legal hold notices and reminders
- Tracking and documenting responses to legal hold notices and surveys
- Working with local points of contact to locate and preserve documents (electronic and hard copy) relevant to litigation
- Advises legal team on technology options to respond to specific discovery needs including but not limited to recommendations for products to perform early case assessment, document search, and document reviews in the most efficient, timely, and cost effective manner.
- Functions as the subject matter expert on e-discovery and the legal hold process. Develops and delivers training and support to staff in legal department, IT department, operations and to legal hold custodians. Primary point of contact for legal hold custodians on any procedural or substantive issues.
- Assists legal team and operations in responding to subpoenas / record requests.
- Serves as the primary point of contact throughout the discovery lifecycle, applying in-depth knowledge and experience to provide expert consultation and advice on technology and best practices.
- Manages document review, collection, production, screening for attorney-client privilege, and preparing and maintaining databases concerning pending litigation.
- Interviews employees with knowledge of litigation facts to determine where documents relevant to legal hold may be stored.
- This person could also have more senior responsibilities of supervising or coordinating the work of other paralegals within the Legal Dept.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years’ experience as paralegal, both in law firm and/or in house legal department; and must demonstrate appropriate legal knowledge and background. Commensurate experience will be considered
- Paralegal Certificate preferred
- E-discovery certifications and/or equivalent experience required
- Solid understanding of the eDiscovery processing (EDRM) and proper data handling techniques.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word Suite –excel, power point, word, Access
- Basic knowledge of eDiscovery tools (e.g., Adobe, Relativity, Clearwell, Ringtail, Email Archiving Systems) a plus
- High quality control and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Annual performance-based bonus plan
- Competitive Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- A dynamic, growing work environment
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to children, adults and seniors with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Our organization is driven by the power of relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!