Staff AccountantApply Now Job ID 19000NPJ
Primary Location: United States-MA-MABoston
The Staff Account maintains accounts and ledgers, provides general accounting support for Corporate and Fixed Assets, prepares journal entries and conducts proper research to ensure balance sheet reconciliations are properly reconciled. The Staff Accountant also provides ad-hoc reporting and analysis and works on special projects as required as well as provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and preparing financial statements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and documentation of business transactions. Prepare month-end general ledger journal entries and perform reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Perform analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts to aid in the review of accounting activity for the period.
- Prepare monthly financial schedules as required.
- Communicate with business owners to ensure appropriate information is getting transacted, recorded and issues are resolved
- Assist with establishing, modifying, documenting, and coordinating implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Provide general accounting support to business organizations.
- Prepare selected work papers for various audits, including Internal, External and State specific audits.
- Ensure compliance with all assigned areas and other audit requirements.
- Assist with various computer system maintenance and enhancements
- Perform other related duties, activities, projects as required
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Accounting or Finance, from accredited four-year college or university
- 1 - 3 years of General Ledger Accounting experience
- Strong understanding of general accounting and financial analysis
- Advanced experience with Excel and Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with Oracle or other G/L accounting software preferred
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Annual performance-based bonus plan
- Competitive Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment
- A dynamic, growing work environment
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to children, adults and seniors with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Our organization is driven by the power of relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!