Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS)Apply Now Job ID 170009N6
Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS)
Primary Location: PA-PABroomall-450 Parkway
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
Work with behaviorally challenged Adolescents as a Therapeutic Staff Support.
The Therapeutic Staff Support is responsible to provide therapeutic services, including intervention and supervision of behaviorally challenged and emotionally disturbed children/adolescents within a therapeutic milieu.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides 1:1 and intervention including behavior modification techniques and proactive strategies to stabilize the child or adolescent as outlined in the service plan.
- Provides therapeutic supervision of clients during treatment and educational activities.
- Supports the family and school personnel in their efforts to stabilize the child by providing information, guidance, modeling and counseling.
- Works collaboratively with the manager and all team members to ensure the service plan is meeting the child’s needs and recommends other services as needed.
- Assists in the management of aggressive clients as needed, using only de-escalation and behavior management techniques approved by the manager.
- Develops and maintains a flexible schedule in order to provide behavioral interventions and a variety of settings, and explores all possible options to meet with the child prior to office time.
- All changes in schedule must be reported to the manager in advance.
- Works “hands-on”, traditional as well as non-traditional hours in a variety of settings (i.e., home, school, day care, community, etc.) in order to meet the needs of the child.
- Accepts additions to caseload as assigned.
- Maintains daily logs of behavioral progress and relays information to team members, supervisors, and other staff.
- Ensures all documentation is completed legibly, professionally, and submitted in a timely manner.
- Participates in pre-service and in-service training on an on-going basis to further increase skills and knowledge base in the field of Behavioral Therapy.
- Includes, but is not limited to, attending scheduled trainings, seminars, and self-education (reading, journal articles, and books, etc.)
- Cooperates fully with on-site monitoring by supervisors to ensure quality services are provided to the children.
- Trainings and supervision as required by Managed Care Organization (MCO).
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Four-year college degree in Psychology, Social Work, Education, Criminal Justice or a related human services field. OR
- Four-year college degree in any other field with one-year minimum experience paid work that involved direct contact with children or adolescents. OR
- Associate’s degree or 60 credits towards a Bachelor’s degree with the equivalent of at least three years full time paid work in a job involving direct contact with children or adolescents. OR
- Licensed registered nurse with one-year experience in paid work that involved direct contact with children or adolescents. OR
- Licensed practical nurse with 3 years’ experience in paid work that involved direct contact with children and adolescents.
- Willingness to travel.
- Part-time, or per diem positions available with a variety of schedules
- A rewarding work environment with a chance to make a difference in the lives of youth and families on a daily basis
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Paid training
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same
Pennsylvania MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 people in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!