From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network — a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)Apply Now Job ID 20000KU7
Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
Primary Location: United States-IL-ILCarbondale
Physical Therapist Assistant - Carbondale, IL (Will consider applicants if waiting for their certification but must be completed within an agreed time period).
- Assures all program participants receive scheduled PT treatments and documents therapy session or reason for inability to attend
- Performs active, passive and/or resistive therapeutic exercises, general therapy principles on program participants
- Performs therapeutic massage on program participants as needed
- Performs general mobilization and/or passive stretch to program participants, within LIMITS OF SAFETY regarding joint/muscle stretch
- Instructs, motivates and assists program participants in learning and improving functional activities: (e.g., bed mobility, positioning, transfers, W/C manipulation and mobility, self-exercise and home exercise programs, equipment use and maintenance
- Provides gait training and instructs program participants in the use of canes, crutches, walkers, braces and splints. Trains program participants at homebound and community level, including endurance training
- Measures ROM, length and girth of body parts, vital signs, and MMT (manual muscle tests) to assist RPT in evaluating program participant and/or to determine effectiveness of program plan
- Demonstrates knowledge of indications and contra-indications of physical therapy modalities and techniques
- Has a good working knowledge of physical therapy equipment and therapeutic exercise treatments
- Confers with staff members and other health care members to exchange, discuss and evaluate program participant information for modifying and coordinating current treatment program and participate in treatment planning with trans-disciplinary team as requested
- Adheres to ethics of confidentiality
- Takes inventory of current PT equipment and confers with RPT regarding current status and future needs
- Requests supplies PRN
- Writes weekly service summaries, develops STO’s in coordination with an RPT
- Attends evaluation, progress, and discharge conferences as requested
- Ensures progress and discharge reports on each program participant served in a timely manner
- Ensures in-service training to other on safe transfers, bed mobility, and proper care of wheelchair during transportation
- Ensures balance training as requested or necessary
- Performs home accessibility evaluations as requested or necessary
- Completes daily billing summaries and turns them in to appropriate staff
- Adheres to CARF and Licensure standards
- Other duties as requested
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) program (Must have passed PES exam).
- Preferred, on year service in human services field and on year experience in neuro-rehabilitation
- Current State license (PTA).
- For Illinois applicants for Illinois positions, current Illinois license (PTA) or application with temporary license of eligibility for Illinois licensure with reciprocity from another state or eligible to sit for next scheduled licensing exam
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state