From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides survivors of brain injury with structured support and compassionate care. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers — NeuroRestorative's employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Speech / Language PathologistApply Now Job ID 17000HAL
Speech / Language Pathologist
Primary Location: United States-IL-ILCarbondale
Directs and administers speech therapy using techniques that assist in the rehabilitation of individuals with functional disabilities of speech, language, voice and swallowing. Reviews medical records, tests and evaluates clients/consumers, develops treatment plans and administers therapy. Provides effective evaluations, documentation, and communication of medical information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Assesses speech and language skills, development, articulation ability and voice and fluency disorders of patients assigned.
- Reviews medical history, performs evaluation, and determines patient therapy needs.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates individualized patient therapy plans. Coordinates therapy modifications to the client's plan of care with the Director of Clinical Services and client's physician.
- Identifies and develops intervention strategies. Routinely reviews pertinent client medical data to determine the effectiveness of therapy services in reaching maximum rehabilitation potential.
- Instructs clients, family members, and primary caregivers as needed to insure the maintenance of or acquisition of optimal functioning level for each client.
- Insures effective coordination of client home care services through timely completion of required documentation and transfer of pertinent medical data to the client’s physician, Director of Clinical Services and other caregivers.
- Reviews and documents comprehensive evaluation reports to summarize tests utilized, results of test(s), and diagnosis of speech/hearing disorders.
- Reports and records assessments, evaluations, therapy interventions and patient changes according to physician orders and the Mentor Network’s policies.
- Investigates and takes appropriates actions on client or employee concerns and or complaints.
- Maintains appropriate HIPPA compliance and a safe patient environment.
· Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills required by the Job
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
Masters Degree in Speech Therapy or Speech/Language Pathology and one year’s experience as a Speech Therapist.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Current state licensure/certification as a Speech Therapist.
- Current Valid drivers license/5 year driving history
- Ability to pass drug screen and physical
- Ability to pass IDPH/DCFS fingerprinting and other background checks
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.