Foster Care SupervisorApply Now Job ID 17000M1O
Foster Care Supervisor
Primary Location: United States-MD-MDCatonsville
The Medically Fragile Treatment Foster Care program provides foster homes for children and teens with chronic health conditions, intellectual disabilities, and physical disabilities. Each two-parent foster home has a primary stay-at-home caregiver.
- Accept full supervisory responsibility for up to six full-time Clinical Coordinators (LGSWs who carry a caseload of 8-10 children and conduct weekly home visits).
- Supervisory responsibilities include:
- oversight for compliance with highly regulated standards
- clinical supervision
- Co-lead clinical group supervision weekly.
- Assist with PRIDE training for prospective foster parents
- Participate in regular compliance reviews of client and foster parent charts
- Conduct performance evaluations of each supervisee and manage any supervisee performance issues
- Participate in Referral Meetings, Placement Review Meetings, and Management Team Meetings as scheduled.
- Serve as point-person when Program Director is absent:
- Facilitate weekly Team Meetings
- Provide programmatic oversight
What we ask of you:
Due to state regulations, only candidates who are currently BSWE certified supervisors can be considered.
- BSWE-approved supervisor in Maryland.
- A minimum of at least one year of supervisory experience
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in case management, pediatric health care, or foster care services is preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with different stakeholders and providers to best serve those in our TFC programs.
- Ability to remain calm in the face of multiple priorities; solution-orientation; effective organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills a must – ability to communicate clearly with team members, medical professionals, those we serve, and their families.
- Proficiency with Excel is preferred.
What we offer you:
- A rewarding work environment with a high-impact role and meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Competitive pay; benefits for those employees working 30 hours or more; PTO
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Access to opportunities throughout our nationwide Network
Founded in 1990, MENTOR Maryland began as a single service provider, serving youth in our therapeutic foster care program. We have grown to a diversified agency serving hundreds of children and adolescents with varying needs throughout the state.
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. MENTOR Maryland is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!