From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Program SupervisorApply Now Job ID 19000LOC
Primary Location: United States-IA-IACedar Rapids
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Looking to take your Caregiver experience to the next career step? REM Iowa seeks a Program Supervisor in Cedar Rapids/ Hiawatha to oversee services for individuals with developmental/ intellectual disabilities. This is a great way to gain supervisory experience while still being connected to those we serve.
- Full compensation/benefits package
- 401(k) with company matching
- A rewarding work environment with an incredible team of co-workers
- Paid training with access to jobs throughout our nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, and Annual bonus plans
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
The Program Supervisor oversees a program ensuring adequate staffing levels, health and safety of the individuals we serve and staff satisfaction/ retention. The Supervisor serves as a mentor to other employees, promoting teamwork and identifying training needs.
- Ensure staff schedules are maintained to meet service plans to properly assist and support in social, behavioral, and health care needs in all areas of daily living
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Direct Support Professionals/ Caregivers
- Coordinate the activities for the employees in the program
- Provide direct care and support to individuals in the program
- Provide input and feedback in hiring and performance management decisions
- Responsible for ensuring that onboarding, orientation and ongoing training is delivered
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum one year related work experience required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- A strong work ethic with a commitment to serving others
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to establish rapport with team members and those we serve
- Strong organizational abilities to ensure staffing and schedules are maintained
REM Iowa is a partner of
The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers with
career opportunities in 36 states.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!