From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
QIDPApply Now Job ID 17000G15
Primary Location: United States-IA-IACedar Rapids
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Write and update individual’s POC, programs, data sheets, corresponding informed consents and staff training sheets; prepares for and participates in Plan of Care/ IDT team meetings
- Conducts training on individual programming for facility and day program staff
- Completes ongoing required documentation for each individual served, such as monthly documentation and progress notes.
- Ensures that all records are accurate, up-to-date, and in compliance with legal and corporate requirements.
- Ensures follow-up to recommendations for services, equipment, or programs; and ensures that adequate supports and assistive devices are present to promote independence.
- Attend and participate in facility and vocational program staff meetings
- Conduct observations of all shifts at each facility and at the day program; provides feedback and recommendations to supervisors and staff regarding program implementation / observations
- Ensure Comprehensive Function Assessment’s (CFA) are completed and reviewed annually; update as individual’s needs change
- Maintains knowledge of clinical standards and ensures compliance in terms of treatment interventions with all regulatory, contractual, corporate, and legal requirements.
- Assists with all legal, licensing, regulatory, and certifications activities as needed. Monitors plan of correction for ongoing compliance.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with all clients, families, funding sources and regulatory agencies, as appropriate, and monitors their satisfaction with services.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO BRING:
Education and Experience
- Must be a QIDP (bachelor’s degree in a human service related field and one year experience in direct service with people with developmental disabilities required to meet QIDP qualifications)
- Knowledge and understanding of ICF rules and regulations, preferred
- Skilled in written and oral communications
- An ability to build positive relationships at all levels within the organization; establish rapport quickly with individuals and staff alike
- Strong customer service orientation - established level of patience, attention to detail, and strong follow through
- We are seeking a team collaborator. A candidate with creative and effective talents to bring to our team
- Eligible as determined by the Department of Human Services and The Network's compliance plan
- Current driver's license, auto insurance and reliable transportation for on the job use
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Paid training; Holiday pay; 401(k); paid time off and benefits
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A family-friendly culture and a dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Founded in 1979, REM Iowa offers residential living options and continued support for children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health needs, and autism. REM Iowa also provides a growing array of rehabilitation services and community-based supports to assist individuals with brain injury. Through a range of individualized services, REM Iowa strives to help individuals of all abilities live life to the fullest in the communities they call home.
We have a great work environment and you'll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. REM Iowa is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!