From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Qualified Intellectual Disability ProfessionalApply Now Job ID 19000RUS
Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional
Primary Location: United States-IA-IACedar Rapids
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Bring your passion and experience to make a positive difference in the lives of others as a QIDP (Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional) with REM Iowa! The QIDP provides oversight and support of individual programming and needs in assigned ICF programs. The QIDP will work closely with facility and day program staff to ensure consistency and ensure service design and delivery, providing each individual with an active appropriate treatment program. The QIDP will also ensure that any discrepancies or conflicts between programmatic, medical, dietary, and vocational aspects of the individual’s assessment and program are resolved and will ensure follow-up to recommendations for services, equipment, or programs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Write and update individual’s POC, programs, data sheets, corresponding informed consents and staff training sheets; prepares for and participates in Plan of Care/ IDT team meetings
- Conducts training on individual programming for facility and day program staff
- Completes ongoing required documentation for each individual served, such as monthly documentation and progress notes.
- Ensures that all records are accurate, up-to-date, and in compliance with legal and corporate requirements.
- Ensures follow-up to recommendations for services, equipment, or programs; and ensures that adequate supports and assistive devices are present to promote independence.
- Attend and participate in facility and vocational program staff meetings
- Conduct observations of all shifts at each facility and at the day program; provides feedback and recommendations to supervisors and staff regarding program implementation / observations
- Ensure Comprehensive Function Assessment’s (CFA) are completed and reviewed annually; update as individual’s needs change
- Maintains knowledge of clinical standards and ensures compliance in terms of treatment interventions with all regulatory, contractual, corporate, and legal requirements.
- Assists with all legal, licensing, regulatory, and certifications activities as needed. Monitors plan of correction for ongoing compliance.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with all clients, families, funding sources and regulatory agencies, as appropriate, and monitors their satisfaction with services.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Paid training; Holiday pay; 401(k); paid time off and benefits
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A family-friendly culture and a dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Education and Experience
- Must be a QIDP (bachelor’s degree in a human service related field and one year experience in direct service with people with developmental disabilities required to meet QIDP qualifications)
- Knowledge and understanding of ICF rules and regulations, preferred
- Skilled in written and oral communications
- An ability to build positive relationships at all levels within the organization; establish rapport quickly with individuals and staff alike
- Strong customer service orientation - established level of patience, attention to detail, and strong follow through
- We are seeking a team collaborator. A candidate with creative and effective talents to bring to our team
- Eligible as determined by the Department of Human Services and The Network's compliance plan
- Current driver's license, auto insurance and reliable transportation for on the job use