From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Offender Services CaregiverApply Now Job ID 17000NM5
Offender Services Caregiver
Primary Location: United States-MN-MNChamplin
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Join our team as a Caregiver today!
We are a dedicated team assisting individuals in reaching their full potential. If you have a commitment to providing supports to those with a mental health disorder, chemical dependency or a criminal history, we are looking for you!
- Early mornings, days, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and awake overnights
This position provides services to people with a broad range of mental health diagnoses. Gaining experience with REM Hennepin is a great way to jump-start your career in criminal justice, law enforcement, counseling, or psychology.
These roles involve intensive support and supervision of individuals learning to live independently:
- Teach strategies for independent living
- Provide support and guidance for day-to-day decision making and tasks
- Assist with transportation for a range of needs (appointments, errands)
- Support nutritional awareness; assist with meal preparation
- Provide mentoring for recreational outings
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Compassionate approach with an ability to set and maintain professional boundaries.
- Willingness to learn different approaches to complex behaviors
- Reliable, dependable, responsible attitude