TherapistApply Now Job ID 19000P4V
Primary Location: United States-SC-SCCharleston
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
TAKE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH FAMILIES AND CHILDREN IN THERAPEUTIC SERVICES TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
· Conducts psychosocial assessments to document history and identify preliminary issues for treatment by interviewing the child and family (if applicable), and transcribing or dictating relevant information for client records.
· Provides individual, family and/or group therapies using various treatment modalities.
· Develops individualized treatment plans in coordination with interdisciplinary team to include but may not be limited to: The Department of Children and Families, District Family Safety/Community Based Care Provider, Juvenile Justice Counselor (if applicable), and child targeted case manager (if one is assigned)
· Works with members of the interdisciplinary team to coordinate other treatment initiatives including school performance, permanency, and reunification planning.
· Develops and coordinates discharge plan based on treatment, indicating all relevant aftercare needs and plans. Accesses community resources that would be beneficial to client aftercare needs.
· Attends regular treatment team staffing and level of care meetings.
· Conducts educational groups for clients, families and foster parents. Provides documentation of foster parent educational in-services to adhere to foster parent licensing standards, assuring that the skills needed for treatment plan in the home environment are learned.
· Prepares and trains the child’s biological or legal parents to resume care of their child when reunification is the goal (if applicable to the population being served).
· Maintains current, legible and adequate medical record documentation in client’s chart. Assures that all required client documentation is in their chart, including any foster parent and/or outside agency documentation pertaining to the client.
- Master’s degree in human services field with at least three years of experience
- Licensed by the state of South Carolina as one of the following:
- LISW (Preferred)
- LPC (Preferred)
- LMFT (Preferred)
- Valid Driver's License, reliable transportation with state required registration and insurance
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the people we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Employee discounts and perks in every day items
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Free training, career development, and advancement opportunities