From skilled nurses and therapists to administrative staff and clinical evaluators, our employees make a difference in the lives of patients and their families every day. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local providers—CareMeridian’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative health and human services for more than 30 years.
Certified Nursing Assistant CNAApply Now Job ID 190000SW
Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
Primary Location: CA-CAChatsworth-10339 Oso Ave
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Come join our amazing team of CNAs supporting individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses. Make a difference every day as a patient advocate providing quality of life enhancing services to those we serve.
- Monitor the health conditions of individuals served, ensure quality services provided
- Provide assistance and/or supervision to individuals in the areas of daily living, personal care, and community and social integration.
- Help maintain safe and quality supports for individuals served
- Initiate emergency procedures on as needed basis
- Use equipment correctly and safely
- Report any hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents or incidents to supervisor
- Maintain current progress notes and any other appropriate documentation
- Assist with resident activity programs, including off-site outings and off-site appointments.
- Assist with household activities
- Assist in keeping residence tidy and clean.
- Assist with meal preparation and mealtimes.
- Prepare rooms for admissions of new residents, obtaining equipment and supplies as needed
- Prepare residents for discharge.
- Actively attend and participate in team meetings and trainings as required
- Maintain confidentiality and treat others with dignity and respect in all you do
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Completion of a CNA certificate program; current CNA certification issued by California
- One year CNA experience preferred, ideally experience with medically complex patients
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS), CPR, First Aid certifications
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, residents, and families
- Competitive pay rates; paid time off, Holiday Pay, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Paid classroom and on-the-job training
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next