As a caregiver, you’ll build relationships and enhance lives by providing care and support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, physical or behavioral challenges, or traumatic brain injuries. The work you do is meaningful - you can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Full Time, Part Time, and PRN
- Days, Weekends, Nights, Overnights
- Meaningful Work
Can you be a successful caregiver for The MENTOR Network? If you share these traits, you can help the people you serve experience the true freedom that comes from learning to live independently.
I wanted to make a difference in the world and saw the opportunity as a DSP as a way to make the world a better place. Helping someone else achieve their goals made me feel awesome.~ Jon Fisher, President, Community Support Services (CSS), started his career as a Direct Support Professional.
A Closer Look
Paid Time Off
401k and HSA/FSA
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAChino
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
The health and safety of our employees and
of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us. Due to the
essential services we provide as Caregiver/Direct Support Professionals,
we continue to accept applications and fill open positions in our
residential programs. Providing round-the-clock care, we have full-time and part-time schedules open with all shifts available immediately.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at California MENTOR Cole Vocational Services, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
EasyApply on Indeed or Text MENTORJOBS to 97211, we have work for you!
The Direct Support Professional may be a full time or part time position and is considered non-exempt and paid hourly. The Direct Support Professional is responsible to provide direct support within a single program or unit within a program, typically supporting 4 - 6 individuals in residential settings, or up to 10 individuals in periodic programs.
The Direct Support Professional is responsible to provide direct support or assistance in accordance with individual service or program plans and may include socialization, health maintenance, medication administration and skill or behavioral development. The Direct Support Professional assists with day-to-day activities including personal care, housekeeping, recreational activities, transportation, community integration, shopping, citizenship, and other activities of daily living.
The Direct Support Professional generally works 16 to 40 hours per week as scheduled. The Direct Support Professional works at the program location and may accompany individuals into the community.
What we offer you:
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A chance to make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis
- Full compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plans
- Paid Time Off & Holiday pay
- Full and Part time schedules available
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the people we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Employee discounts
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next Free training, career development, and advancement opportunities
- Mileage reimbursement
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Six months of experience in human services preferred.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Compassionate approach
- Reliability, responsible attitude
- Car registration and vehicle insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving services.
- All state-required training and certification completed in mandated timeframes.
Blood Borne Pathogen Category:
Job requires performance of duties that involve potential for exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Tasks that do involve exposure are an expectation of employment.
We offer a rewarding work environment with great co-workers where no day is ever the same as the next. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 people in 35 states, you'll have free training, career development, and advancement opportunities from coast to coast.
Why Join Us
Hear from some of our team why they’re part of The MENTOR Network. What will be your why?Watch Video
See some recent winners of our Ripple of Hope Awards
that recognize our most outstanding employees.
See what it truly takes to be part of
The MENTOR Network.