From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) / Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)Apply Now Job ID 17000M21
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) / Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAClaremont
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
Description As a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with CCF Homes, a partner of California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports individuals we serve in residential settings. We seek a passionate individual who can provide clinical care to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. In this role you will utilize your license to carry out each individual’s health care plan while providing direct care with the support of a Registered Nurse and/or QIDP.
Do you have nursing experience and looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your education and skill set with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
• Administers medications and provides documentation according to established guidelines
• Provides input regarding health care services to be included in each individual’s service plan
• Monitors and ensures physicians orders are performed as prescribed
• Accompanies individuals to routine and emergency medical visits
• Responsible for following nursing care plans according to program requirements
• Provide duties as a Direct Support Professional as needed
If you have nursing experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
Qualifications: What we require of you:
• Current LVN/LPN certification in good standing with the state of California
• One year of experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
• Ability to carry out medical services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
• Good knowledge of practical nursing theory
• Ability to communicate effectively with individual’s families, health care team and leadership
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
• A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
• Annual bonus plan
• A rewarding work environment
• Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
• Time Off & Holiday Pay
• Family-oriented environment, casual dress
• Employee discounts; fun employee events
• Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
• On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
• Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
• Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Loyd’s Liberty Homes is a partner of California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!