From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides youth at risk and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities with the supports they need to thrive. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—MENTOR employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN or Licensed Vocational Nurse LVNApply Now Job ID 20000HJR
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN or Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAClaremont
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at California MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here.
Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support and serves people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages. As a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of these extraordinary people.
This LVN supports individuals we serve in an Intermediate Care Facility. We seek a passionate LVN who can provide clinical care to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. In this role you will utilize your LVN skills to carry out each individual’s health care plan while providing direct care with the support of a RN and Program Director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides technical assistance and training to staff to ensure the effective implementation of medically related services
- Administers medications and provides documentation according to established guidelines
- Provides input regarding health care services to be included in each individual’s service plan
- Monitors and ensures physicians orders are performed as prescribed
- Responsible for following nursing care plans according to program requirements
we require of you:
- Current LVN certification in good standing with the state of California and one year of experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Ability to carry out medical services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
- Ability to communicate effectively with individual’s families, health care team and leadership
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
- On-the-job training including career development and advancement
- Family-oriented, rewarding work environment, casual dress, meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Employee discounts; fun employee events, time off & holiday pay
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network located in 36 states
Do you have nursing experience and are looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your education and skill set with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!