From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Registered Nurse (RN)Apply Now Job ID 170007CP
Registered Nurse (RN)
Primary Location: CA-CAClaremont-1837 Rosemount Ave
Description As a Registered Nurse with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports individuals we serve in residential settings. We seek a passionate individual who can provide clinical care to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. In this role you will utilize your skills to assess and ensure each individual’s health care needs are carried out with the support of CNAs and LVNs.
Do you have nursing experience and looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your education and skill set with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
• Conduct assessments, implement health care plans and respond to changes of condition
• Communicate with the Physician and external medical centers to ensure consistency of essential medical information
• Provides technical assistance, medical oversight and training of staff to ensure the effective implementation of all related services
• Administers medications and provides documentation according to established guidelines
• Provides input regarding health care services to be included in each individual’s service plan
• Monitors and ensures physicians orders are documented and carried out as prescribed
• Accompanies individuals to routine and emergency medical visits
What we require of you:
• Current RN license in good standing with the state of California
• Ability to carry out medical services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
• Ability to communicate effectively with individual’s families, health care team and leadership
• Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
• A rewarding work environment
• Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
• Family-oriented environment, casual dress
• Employee discounts; fun employee events
• Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
• On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
• Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
• Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!