From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides survivors of brain injury with structured support and compassionate care. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers — NeuroRestorative's employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Rehabilitation Services; Activity CoordinatorApply Now Job ID 190006Q9
Rehabilitation Services; Activity Coordinator
Primary Location: United States-FL-FLClearwater
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
NeuroRestorative is a leading provider of post-acute and subacute rehabilitation services for individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries and other neurological challenges. We offer a continuum of care and rehabilitation options in community-based settings to individuals of all ages. Our personalized programs include residential and day treatment as well as specialized services for children and adolescents, Military Service Members and Veterans. We provide expertise and resources of an organization on the cutting edge of clinical care and rehabilitative programs.
- Complete resident assessments per NeuroRestorative's Policies and Procedures
- Observe and report changes in the resident's condition to the Charge Nurse.
- Initiate CPR if needed
- Participate in the development and updating of the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care
- Maintain current and accurate progress notes
- Assist Interdisciplinary Team with resident needs, as appropriate; including, but not limited to, transfer, gait, ADL and cognitive activity
- Involve residents and their families and/or authorized representative in planning the activity program
- Maintain current calendar of activity program events including special occasions, holidays and off-site outings
- Schedule and maintain records for Resident and Family Council meetings
- Recommend equipment and supply needs to the Director of Nursing and place orders if approved
- Accurately maintain and reconcile records of all monies assigned to the Activities Program
- Follow NeuroRestorative's Safety Policy and Procedure at all times, including those for fire and disaster.
- Report any hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents and incidents to the supervisor
- Transport resident using the company vehicle
- Participate in Performance Improvement Program
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Satisfactorily completed at least thirty‐six (36) hours of training in a course designed specifically for this position and approved by regulatory agencies is preferred.
- Two (2) years experience in a social or recreational program within the last five (5) years, one (1) year
- of which was full‐time in a resident activities program in a health care setting preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Health Care Providers.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with all staff, residents, and their families and/or authorized representative.
- Able to problem solve, plan and organize within scope of the position.
- Able to work with and relate to behaviorally challenged residents.