Part Time TherapistPrimary Location:
Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
Ohio Mentor is growing! We are a state of the art and growing organization! Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; children and adults with brain injury). You will be working with individuals who are dealing with substance abuse, mental health, domestic violence, and developmental disabilities. You will be working closely with children and their families. As a Therapist with Ohio Mentor you’ll be one of those special people.
For Ohio Mentor and The MENTOR Network the Therapist is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the Therapist role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
Ohio Mentor is seeking a Therapist (LSW/LISW/LPC) to provide psychotherapy to individuals to aid a client or consumer in problems of living with the goal of increasing an individual’s sense of their own well-being. Therapists employ a range of techniques based on experiential relationship building, dialogue, communication and behavior change that is designed to improve the mental health of a client or patient, or to improve group relationships (such as in a family).Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in social work or related field.
- LSW, LISW or LPC required.
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to establish trust and rapport quickly with young people.
- A Good Listener with an ability to empathize while still providing guidance.
- Strong organizational skills and documentation skills in managing your own schedule.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Since Therapists often provide transportation to individuals, owning a registered and insured vehicle is required.
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks.
In addition to a competitive compensation/benefits package, including a 401(k) with company matching, we offer:
- Training within our treatment models and supports in implementing with clients
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Flexibility in schedules and mileage reimbursement
- Competitive Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- A dynamic, growing work environment with advancement opportunities nationwide.
Bring your experience and skills to make a positive impact with the mission-driven work we do every day!
Ohio MENTOR has been a partner of The MENTOR Network since 1983. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~26,000 consumers in 36 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Our organization is driven by the power or relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do.