Behavioral Group Home Caregiver
As a caregiver, you’ll build relationships and enhance lives by providing care and support to children and adults with intellectual disabilities, physical or behavioral challenges, or traumatic brain injuries. The work you do is meaningful - you can make a real difference in the lives of those we serve to live as independently as possible.
- Full Time, Part Time, and PRN
- Days, Weekends, Nights, Overnights
- Meaningful Work
Can you be a successful caregiver for The MENTOR Network? If you share these traits, you can help the people you serve experience the true freedom that comes from learning to live independently.
I wanted to make a difference in the world and saw the opportunity as a DSP as a way to make the world a better place. Helping someone else achieve their goals made me feel awesome.~ Jon Fisher, President, Community Support Services (CSS), started his career as a Direct Support Professional.
A Closer Look
Paid Time Off
401k and HSA/FSA
Behavioral Group Home Caregiver
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAClovis
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Loyalty, genuine care, and determination to grow and learn - that is extraordinary! We believe in the extraordinary, and the potential to be so, is in all people who desire to reach for their best.
At California MENTOR our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the individuals we serve and work alongside. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of then you should join our team!
For this specific position, the work is based in residential settings where our DSP's provide assistance with daily activities ranging from meal preparation, personal hygiene and care, and medication administration, to accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to day program or other activities. In addition, DSP's support the therapeutic and behavioral plans of the individuals we serve, working closely with our administrative and clinical staff to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
*Relevant experience for this position: Behavioral tech, behavioral technician, counselor, behavioral interventionist, behavior intervention, behavior modification, positive behavior support, behavioral caregiver, ABA
With this work it's all about making a difference. Whether you’re helping someone ride the bus for the first time, learn a new communication skill, do their own laundry, or assist with personal care, at the end of your work day you know you have made a difference in someone’s life. This position offers a truly rewarding work life and so much more, just check it out...
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Annual bonus plans
- Part time and Full time schedules available
- Employee discounts - monthly cell phone bill, entertainment, theme parks and movie tickets, online shopping, and SO much more!
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, fun employee events
- Paid training, career development, and GREAT advancement opportunities including access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
What we require of you - Minimum Requirements:
- At least 60 units/credits completed in a college or qualified institution of higher education (must be able to provide proof upon hire)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid CA driver’s license in good standing
- One year or more of experience providing direct care/support in field of human services; preferred experience working with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities (references required)
- Reliable transportation
- Able to clear criminal background check as required per state licensing regulations
Why Join Us
Hear from our CEO, Bruce Nardella, about why he’s part
of The MENTOR Network. What will be your why?
See some recent winners of our Ripple of Hope Awards
that recognize our most outstanding employees.
See what it truly takes to be part of
The MENTOR Network.