Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN for Adult Group HomeApply Now Job ID 19000MRJ
Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN for Adult Group Home
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAClovis
As a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with California MENTOR you’ll be one of these extraordinary people. This position is for our Community Care Facility (CCF) group homes serving adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities who also have history of behavioral issues. We are looking for an LVN who is dedicated and passionate about the work and who can provide consistent clinical care. In this role you will utilize your license skills and knowledge to carry out each individual’s health care plan and providing direct care with the support of our Registered Nurse and Administrator.
Do you have nursing experience and are looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your education and skill set with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Provides technical assistance and training to staff to ensure the effective implementation of medically related services
- Administers medications and provides documentation according to established guidelines
- Provides input regarding health care services to be included in each individual’s service plan
- Monitors and ensures physicians orders are performed as prescribed
- Accompanies individuals to routine and emergency medical visits
- Responsible for following nursing care plans according to program requirements
- Provide direct support to individuals we serve, such as the duties of our Caregiver/Direct Support Professional
- Current LVN certification in good standing with the state of California
- One year of experience working with individuals, preferably including work with individuals with some form of intellectual or developmental disabilities (also to consider Alzheimer's and dementia or other cognitive or mental health diagnoses)
- Confident in knowledge of practical nursing theory with the ability to consistently carry out medical services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served and maintain confidentiality
- Valid CA driver's license in good standing
- At least 18 years of age
- Pass physical and TB examination, reference checks, and any required state and federal background checks (per licensing requirements; fees and costs covered by company)
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Part time and Full time* schedules available
- Annual bonus plan and Employee discounts - monthly cell phone bill, entertainment, online shopping, and SO much more!
- On-the-job, paid training including CEU opportunities
- Mileage reimbursement for business related travel with personal vehicle
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, fun employee events
- Career development and advancement opportunities including access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- *Full time positions include benefits package with health insurance options, 401(k) with company matching, and paid time off & holiday pay
Loyd's Liberty Homes is a partner of California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 35 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ individuals across the nation, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!