Registered Nurse RNApply Now Job ID 19000G2T
Registered Nurse RN
Primary Location: MO-MOColumbia-3200 Penn Terrace
Bring your RN experience to our growing, mission-driven organization! We seek a dedicated and compassionate Registered Nurse to support adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other specialized needs.
As a Nurse at Missouri MENTOR you'll receive the reward of offering high-impact services for those we serve while enjoying flexibility with your schedule and location. We also offer career options to move up and across the organization.
- Flexibility with your schedule and ability to work remotely
- A rewarding work environment with meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Access to opportunities throughout our nationwide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of individuals in Group Homes
- Provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services
- Administer medications and provide documentation according to established guidelines
- Conduct assessments, implement health care plans and respond to changes of condition
- Monitor and ensure physicians orders are documented and carried out as prescribed
- Provide technical assistance, medical oversight and training of LVNs and program staff to ensure the effective implementation of all related services
- Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers
- Provide input regarding health care services to be included in each Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Accompany individuals to medical visits in medical emergencies
What we ask of you:
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing (RN) program
- Two years of related experience
- Current RN license within the state
- Experience working with individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities is preferred, but bring the right attitude, and we’ll train you for success
- Excellent assessment skills with the ability to exercise critical thinking in the clinical environment. Ability to prioritize, strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills a must – ability to communicate clearly with team members, medical professionals, those we serve, and their families
- Position requires travel between programs to provide services and conduct visits to the individuals we serve.
Missouri MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services from coast to coast.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply