From direct care staff to program managers to clinicians, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team helps individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive in the communities they call home. And as part of The MENTOR Network— a national network of local health and human services providers—REM’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years
Program NurseApply Now Job ID 17000NV4
Primary Location: United States-IA-IACouncil Bluffs
As a Nurse, you'll carry out rewarding work, playing an integral and crucial role in the success of our organization. Based in community settings, Our Nurses provide assistance with daily activities such as meal preparation, personal hygiene, and medication administration. Also provide nursing services, training and support to address the medical needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and other complex needs in an 8 person ICF/ID program. Our Nurses administer medications, complete nursing documentation as needed; compile data and prepares health assessments for team evaluation and review in compliance with agency and ICF regulations and provide health care related guidance to co-workers. The Nurse coordinates and monitors on-going individual examinations and orders necessary supplies and medications.
RN/LPNs may also facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities. In addition, RN/LPNs support therapeutic and behavioral plans in partnership with clinical staff to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type of impact you want to make… we want to hear from you! Bring the right attitude, we’ll train you for success!
Qualifications: What we require of you:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing required for most positions
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving services
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Valid/current nursing license (RN or LPN)
- Full compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, and Annual bonus plans
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Job training, career development, and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network